Thursday, October 15, 2009

Episode 1399

Aired: Thursday November 4, 1971

Alexandra Moltke's voiceover: "My name is Victoria Winters. I have returned to Collinwood through the actions of a strange visitor from another time, a visitor who is now preparing to return to his own world, now that he has saved it from destruction. But little does he know that his journey has only begun...."

Harrison is standing by the fountain when Vicky comes outside. He asks her how Maggie is doing, and Vicky says "she's still asleep." Harrison remarks how sorry he is that "the shock of all that has happened" has had some bad effect on her. Vicky agrees, and says that "Julia will have to see to her now." Harrison says that's good, since Julia "seems to be a good person to handle that job." Vicky answers "It's good to have Julia back with us. I'm sure she's thanked you for what you did." Harrison smiles and says she did, "but the most thanks I'll have is when I return home."

After the titles, Vicky asks "Do you know what has happened in your world since you changed events here?" Harrison nods, and tells Vicky that he opened the vortex to his own time to look, "to make sure. Everything looked different, but better. Collinwood was being lived in. I saw David...." and then, he chokes up a bit as he adds "... and I saw my father. Alive." Vicky smiles and says "I'm so happy for you." Harrison says he would have stepped through, but that he wanted to "say my proper goodbyes to everyone" as well as attend Liz's wedding. Vicky says "I don't think I ever thanked you enough for what you did for me...." before Harrison can say anything, Vicky continues "I know you didn't plan to do it, but still.... I owe you my life and my future here. I guess everyone does." Harrison kisses her hand and tells her he's honored. Meanwhile, Julia is attending to Maggie, who is starting to wake up. Julia asks her if she knows where she is, and Maggie answers "Collinwood...in my room...." Julia says "Good. And now tell me... who are you?" Maggie thinks a moment and says "I want to say Maggie...Maggie Evans... but why aren't I sure?" Julia answers "You are Maggie Evans! You must be sure of that!" Maggie looks around for a moment and says "Where is it?" Julia asks what, and Maggie says "My music box! Where is it?" Julia looks at her and sternly says "You have no music box, Maggie. Maggie Evans has no music box!" Maggie thinks about this and looks confused.

Joanna and Lori have finished breakfast and enter the drawing room. Joanna remarks on what "a marvelous old house" Collinwood is, and Lori remarks on how "such a marvelous old house has some marvelous young men living in it." Joanna tells Lori that she "shouldn't get too comfortable" since they are both heading back to Boston later in the day, but Lori snaps "I saw you talking with Quentin. I saw the way he looked at you." Joanna answers "He said I reminded him of someone he knew long ago, that's all." Lori laughs and answers "That old line? And you believe him? My dear sister, he strikes me as a born charmer... and charm me he did!' Joanna says "I don't think he's like that at all!" Lori shushes her as Quentin enters the room. He says good morning to them both and asks them how they enjoyed their night at Collinwood. Lori smiles at him and says "this house is much warmer and comforting than I ever would have thought." Quentin laughs and answers "You're the first person to ever say that about this place. How about you, Joanna? Did you sleep well?" Joanna answers "Yes... but it's really time for us to be going." She grabs Lori's arm and leads her from the room. Quentin wonders why she reacted this way. As they go upstairs, Barnabas arrives. He says hello to Quentin and asks where Harrison is. Quentin says he thinks Harrison was taking "a last look at this century." Barnabas says he came to wish him a goodbye. Quentin smiles and says "Well, it seems you didn't bring along who he really hates to say goodbye to, did you?" Barnabas answers "Angelique will be here, and besides, I don't think he will leave without saying goodbye to her." Quentin muses "It's funny.... how all of us Collins men have been affected by her at one time or another." Barnabas agrees. Vicky and Harrison enter the house, and Vicky wishes Harrison luck before going upstairs. He looks at Barnabas and Quentin and says "I think it's time."

In the laboratory, the planks have been put back where they belong. Harrison places them in a square as Barnabas and Quentin watch. Harrison looks at them and says "That should do it." Barnabas shakes his hand and says "Fare well, Harrison. I hope you do as well in your own time as you've done here." Harrison says "You never know, you may see me here again. I've grown quite fond of this century." Barnabas thinks a moment and says "Seventy four years in the future... what a strange world that would be to all of us." Harrison looks at Quentin and says "It's not so strange to you, at least it wasn't when I left it. I suppose you'll see me again in seventy four years and I'll see you again in just a few moments." Quentin shakes his hand first, but then gives him a bear hug. "I'm.... proud to know you in any century, Harrison." Harrison says he feels the same way about Quentin. Quentin snaps "You'd better go already, I hate long goodbyes like this." Harrison says "I didn't want to leave before I said goodbye to Angelique..." Barnabas says she should be here, and then there are the sounds of footsteps. Angelique runs down the stairs and says she didn't want to miss Harrison before he leaves. "And I didn't want to miss you," he answers. "I came here to save you, really. And to prevent what happened to Quentin. I thought I'd maybe take you with me when I left, but I see that will not be, and should not be. But I will always hold a special place for you." He kisses her hand as Barnabas grumbles. Quentin quietly tells Barnabas "I must have had a lot to do with raising him." Angelique looks at Barnabas a moment, and then takes Harrison's hand wearing the ring. She raises it and places her hand over the ring while saying "May you find your happiness, Harrison Collins." She kisses the hand and then lets it go. He smiles at all of them and raises his hand to his mouth. He says "Open..." and the vortex begins to form. It looks somewhat cloudy, and Harrison looks for shapes to form within it. He sees a window through the fog. "Collinwood..." he says with a smile. He takes one last look at Angelique, Quentin, and Barnabas and then steps into the vortex. As he does, there is a flash of light and the sound of a crash as the vortex collapses. Quentin and Barnabas look nervous "What just happened?" Angelique smiles silently. We cut to Harrison opening his eyes. As we pull back, he is laying on the floor of a room at Collinwood - we see the same window. As we continue pulling back, we see a large hanging chandelier and some furniture that looks Victorian. Harrison stands up and tries to get his bearings. He looks at his ring, and the jewel is cloudy. He looks up to see a large portrait of what looks like Barnabas over the fireplace, but it's not the Barnabas portrait we know - the hair is different and the clothing is nineteenth century. We hear Harrison think "What happened.... I'm at Collinwood, but not in the laboratory.... why am I here, in this room?" He walks over to a desk and he looks over some papers until he finds a desk calendar. His eyes open wide as he reads the date... "November 1897." He looks around the room in shock, and then notices the name at the bottom of the portrait... "Bramwell Collins, 1851."

Harrison is looking around the room and pacing, and we hear him think "1897... instead of going forward in time 74 years, I've gone 74 years backwards. But there's something else about this room that's familiar... what is it? What is it?" He opens the double doors, and outside is a dark hallway. As he tries to enter it, he is blocked by an invisible force. He tries to push his way through, but he cannot. He takes a step back and suddenly the outside changes to a lit hallway, and Harrison can take a step outside. He rushes back into the room and closes the double doors. "The parallel... not only have I gone backwards in time, but I'm in the parallel...the room that I saw burned in 1971 that was mentioned in David's books ....I must get out of here." He raises his ring to his mouth and says "Switch," but nothing happens. He tries again, and nothing happens. He looks at the cloudiness of the jewel and we hear him think "The crystal! The crystal has been damaged somehow! I....I...may be trapped here!" As he thinks about this situation, we hear the voices of people approaching from the far door. Harrison sees the doorknob turning and freezes in his tracks.