Friday, February 26, 2010

Episode 1495

Aired: Friday March 16, 1972

Grayson Hall's voiceover: "A dark night has fallen over Collinwood, a night that will bring with it both the plots and counterplots of good versus evil, as well as a deepening mystery of other worlds intersecting with our own. For Brian Miller, an enemy of the Collins family who has unearthed its darkest secrets, this night will be one of a daring gamble. And Victoria Winters, who only recently discovered her counterpart's horrible fate in a parallel world, will find that time is running out on her plans to save a long lost love...."

Quentin is finishing a drink in the drawing room when we pull back to see that Julia has been talking to him. "Herbs...." Quentin says. "Interesting... I think I may have read something about some form of black magic that involved such a thing. I didn't believe it could exist." Julia says "Evidently it does...and Brian Miller has mastered the technique!" Quentin says "I don't know what we could do about it." Julia says "There must be a way for us to use this information." David steps into the room at that moment. "What information?" he says.

After the titles, Julia tells David that "it's nothing for you to worry about." David, annoyed, says "I heard you talking about Brian. I know he's up to something, but no one will tell me what!" Quentin tells David to be patient, and that "we're only trying to protect you by keeping you uninvolved." David says "I'm already involved. He had me working for him for some reason, and now if I'm helping you and Lori to help Chris, well it seems Brian was interested in that too." Julia says that "maybe you shouldn't be involved any more." David snaps "Maybe you should stop treating me like I'm some dumb kid! Quentin, you trusted me before. Trust me now! Tell me how I can help! I mean, if Brian thinks I'm just a dumb kid, maybe I can use that to my advantage!" Quentin smiles. "That might be true, but I don't want to risk anything happening to you. It's my secret that Brian wants. I'd rather he stay focused on me." Julia says "It's also Barnabas he's after, for some reason. But I have to get back to the lab. Lori and I will have much to do before you both leave tomorrow." David wonders "When my aunt Elizabeth gets back, I wonder if things will be different around here." Quentin says "I don't know." David says "I want you to tell me what you were saying about Brian." Quentin says "David, I don't want you getting involved with someone as dangerous as Miller!" David angrily storms out of the room.

At Lori's lab, Chris stands at the door of a barred cage, swinging the door and looking solemn. "Anything from the latest round of bloodwork?" he asks. Lori says no, but says that "you'll be safe inside here tonight." Chris says "It's never me I'm worried about... it's anyone that crosses my path." Lori tells Chris that "sooner or later, Julia and I will find some sort of answer. If not a cure, then some sort of treatment." Chris tells her that the only treatment other than locking him up securely would be "a silver bullet through my heart." Quentin enters, and tells Lori that Julia had "some interesting information about Brian Miller." Chris asks if it could help him in any way, and Quentin says "No... though if we can deal with Brian, that would take care of someone who knows your secret and wants to use it against you." Chris says "After what he did to me... the way he lied and kidnapped me.... whatever you can use against him, do it." Chris locks himself up since the moon will be rising soon, and Quentin and Lori leave the lab, locking the door to the entire room as well. Lori remarks "I never thought my father put me through medical school for this." Quentin says "I wonder what he'd say if he knew about all of this..." Lori says "No! He must never know about any of the kind of work I'm doing here! He'd never understand... he's a very logical man who shuns anything related to the unknown and bizarre!" Quentin says "He certainly married into the wrong family then." Lori smiles, but then says "I'm not sure how we can use that information against Brian yet." Quentin says "I'm not sure what Brian is planning. First he comes after me, then he goes after my cousin. I don't know what his game is." We cut to Brian standing outside Collinwood, looking up at the window. He takes a handful of herbs from his pocket and smiles.

Vicky enters Collinwood holding the necklace. She thinks "If Stokes is right, I might be able to use this to bring Burke back here...but would he want to even come here? He'd leave everything behind... as sad as that world was, perhaps he still belongs there....if only I knew what to do!" David comes downstairs and says hi, but is still sulking about his conversation with Quentin and Julia. Vicky asks him what's wrong, and David says he offered to help a friend out and they refused. Vicky says that maybe they didn't need his help or wanted to do the job themselves. David says "They just don't think I can handle it. I'm getting something to eat." He goes through the door to the kitchen as Vicky heads upstairs. Outside, Brian eats the handful of herbs and closes his eyes. In a moment, we see a large owl where Brian once was, that suddenly lifts off and flies to an upstairs window. Back inside, David is carrying a sandwich as he goes back up the stairs. In the hallway, he heads back towards his room when he hears a tapping sound coming from the west wing. He stops a moment, and thinks "A noise...I wonder if it could be one of those rooms again..." He goes into the west wing and the rooms are dark and empty. He's about to leave when he hears a crash. "What was that?" he says out loud as he moves towards it. The rooms are all dark and empty. After passing the door to the attic, David tries it and sees it's locked before moving on. David bumps into Vicky. "Did you hear a crash?" he asks her. Vicky says no, but that "strange things have been happening in this part of the house. Professor Stokes said we ought to stay out of the rooms here." David says "I wasn't in any of the rooms, I only heard some weird noises." Vicky tells David they should both go back to the main part of the house. As they move along, we cut to up in the attic room. The window has been broken. The owl is perched on a chair right across from Quentin's covered portrait. When we pan back, Brian stands there, smiling at the covered portrait.

In her room, Vicky still studies the necklace and wonders what she should do, when she looks out the window and sees a light go on in the same west wing room. "Burke..." she says. "The room has changed again!" She starts to go there, but then stops herself. "I'm not sure what I should do... I'm afraid to go but I'm compelled to go all at once..." Meanwhile, Brian has taken Quentin's portrait from its easel and is carefully carrying it down the stairs and through the hallway door, which he carefully and quietly closes behind him. Confident, he takes the portrait with a smile down the hallway when suddenly he hears footsteps. He ducks around a corner with the portrait just as Vicky appears. "Vicky Winters..." we hear him thinking. "She couldn't have seen me...what could she be doing here..." Vicky walks away from him and towards a door with light coming from it's crack. "That room... it was dark before... I thought this part of the house was empty..." Brian thinks as he watches Vicky. Vicky opens the door and gasps when she sees the room is suddenly dark and empty again. "Burke!" she calls out in the empty room. "You're so close to me, yet so far away...." Brian is outside listening, wondering what's going on. Vicky starts to cry as Brian shrugs and moves back towards the portrait he left in the hallway. "I must get this treasure out of here... I'll satisfy my curiosity about Vicky Winters later..." he thinks, but his attention is suddenly gotten when the door to the room Vicky was in slams shut and a light appears from the bottom of the door again. Brian grows curious and moves towards it. Inside, Vicky gasps when she looks around. The room is lit up and in use again, only this time the furniture is completely different from what it was with Burke. She sees a different portrait on the wall than her own - the portrait of a man. She takes a closer look, and gasps when she sees the metal nameplate that says "David Collins, 2002." As she looks up at the portrait of the adult David, she hears a familiar voice behind her - "Miss Winters! Oh no, you should not be here!" She turns to see Harrison, standing before her looking worried. "Harrison!" she says. "How...how did you...." Harrison says "It's difficult to explain quickly. But if you're here, you must have crossed over accidentally during my experiments." Vicky says "Experiments? What sort of experiments?" Harrison answers "Experiments in time. It all began back in your time, in 1972. Somehow, the fabric of time itself was torn, and that rip grew and multiplied, opening up enough rifts through different time bands that Collinwood itself will cease to exist in my time unless I find a way to stop the process in yours." Vicky says "All the different rooms in the west wing... each one opening to a different time and place..." Harrison says "Exactly. And all overlapping. Just the way our two worlds are overlapping now, when I tried simply to reach back into your time and close a rift focused on this room. I didn't think anyone would be in here." Vicky says "You're going to close up the world that exists in this room, in my time?" Harrison says "Yes, I must." Vicky says "No! You can't! At least not yet, not until I get back there, one more time!" Harrison wonders what she means, as we cut to outside the room, where Brian has been listening to everything they have said.