Friday, May 22, 2009

Episode 1295

Aired: Friday June 11, 1971

After a replay of Thursday's close and the titles, Julia gets Liz to retrieve some memories of Anderson, including getting bitten by the window. Julia insists that Liz is to forget these things as if they had never happened, "as if those spaces of time containing those memories are no longer connected to your consciousness." Liz nods. "I will count to three, and when you awaken, the connection between your consciousness and those blocks of time will be gone forever." Julia counts three, and Liz awakens. Julia waits a moment, and then Liz says "Oh, Julia! I didn't see you come in. I've been getting so forgetful lately, it seems, I'm sorry." "That's all right," Julia says with a smile. "How have you been?" "Just fine, Julia, just fine." Julia smiles.

Quentin and Barnabas enter the old house. Barnabas is still trying to figure out what Angelique was trying to tell him, but Quentin has no idea what it could mean. "Julia said you were feeling rather melancholy, Barnabas. I can't help but feel responsible for what happened to you. I dragged you into my affairs and those who had vendettas against me." Barnabas tells Quentin that it was his "own choice" to get involved. Quentin tells Barnabas "I owe you my life. The only way I could make it up to you is to help you fight this thing. Even in the short time I experienced it in Anderson's body, I learned a lot about the condition." Barnabas tells Quentin he is happy to have such a "valiant ally," but also reminds him how there seems to be no answer as to his "condition." Quentin says "Perhaps Julia is out of ideas, but maybe Stokes could be of some help." Barnabas says "No, no. It may raise too many questions about the past if we get Stokes involved." Quentin says "I think we can trust Stokes." "Perhaps, " Barnabas says. "or perhaps I should try to adjust while I decide what to do."

Julia arrives at the old house and finds Barnabas reading. "This was always my favorite book of poems, " he tells Julia. Hearing this, Julia tells him desperately that she can't destroy him at dawn, and that he'll "have to get someone else to do it." Barnabas tells her that he has changed his mind "for the time being," and will fight his condition "with the help of my friends, as always." Julia is happy to hear this, and asks Barnabas if talking with Quentin had changed his mind. "A little," Barnabas says, "but it was more what happened at Eagle Hill." Julia asks what, and Barnabas tells her that "Angelique appeared to me. She was trying to tell me something, about going back to the point of return. I don't know what it means, but for some reason, when her thoughts entered my mind, I felt a sense of peace." Julia is skeptical, and reminds Barnabas that he had mentioned the similar line from Cassandra's dream curse, and perhaps "Angelique's spirit is merely taunting him." Barnabas insists this is not true, since it is the spirit of the human Angelique who he had "reconciled" with in 1840. Julia says (ironically) "I hope you're right..." Barnabas says "I'm sure I am. I must find out what she meant by it, though. She is trying to tell me something, and the timing cannot be a mere coincidence. Julia, I believe she is trying to help me!" Julia is intrigued.

At Collinwood, Liz tosses and turns in her sleep, and begins to dream. In her dream, she is wandering in the foyer of Collinwood with the requisite dream fog. She hears the grandfather clock chiming, but when she looks at it, it is running backwards. As she watches this confused, she glances down to the swinging pendulum....which morphs into Julia's medallion swinging before her eyes as she hears Julia's voice say "blocks of time will no longer be connected to your consciousness.....no longer connected.....no longer connected...." She backs away from the clock into the drawing room, and when she turns around, she sees herself standing by the window, with two bleeding wounds running from the neck.... and with a scream wakes up terrified.