Monday, August 31, 2009

Episode 1366

Aired: Monday September 20, 1971

In a repeat of Friday's close, Nicholas returns from his I Ching trance with a scream as Willie helps him regain consciousness. He places a large object covered with a blue cloth on the table and explains to Willie "I brought this back from the depths of the past. The thing I need to destroy Barnabas Collins....and Angelique as well! Take a look!" Nicholas pulls the cloth off the object like a magician revealing a trick, and Willie can't quite believe what he sees - a severed head inside a glass box that we recognize as the eyes open and Nicholas says with a smile "Willie Loomis, let me introduce you to Judah Zachary!"

After the titles, Willie is horrified by the sight of the severed head when it opens its eyes. "What....what is that thing? Who is it?" Willie gasps. "Don't gaze upon him too long, Willie, " Nicholas warns. "His glare can be very powerful....very hypnotic....and totally evil." Willie turns away but says "I don't wanna look at it...but I don't know....something tells me I gotta look at him! I gotta!" Nicholas covers the head with the cloth again and tells Willie "Judah's power has compelled you. Congratulations, Willie, you have a very weak mind. Easily led and dominated by others, perfect for my purposes! You may turn around now." Willie turns around and asks who's head it is and "why is that thing still alive? I swear it's lookin' at me! It's like it's talkin' to me, inside my head!" Nicholas laughs and tells Willie "Judah Zachary was a most powerful warlock, and a servant of my master. He was a sworn enemy of the Collins family and almost destroyed it over a hundred years ago.... and would have succeeded if not for the meddling of Barnabas Collins and Angelique... I will see to it that Judah has his revenge!" Nicholas tells Willie to guard Judah "as if you life depends on it, for it does" as he leaves the room to "prepare his plan." Once Nicholas has gone, Willie sits but keeps staring at the covered up head. He starts pacing, trying to keep himself from taking the cloth off. We hear him think "You can't look at it....Nicholas warned ya... it's too dangerous......" but as he paces more, we hear "I can't stand it! It's like I gotta look at it! He wants me to...Judah....he wants me to!!" Willie gasps in desperation and pulls the cloth off the glass box containing the head. Judah's eyes open and stare directly at Willie. As Judah begins to glare at him, Willie clutches at his head and starts screaming "No! NO! STOP IT! SHUT IT OFF!!!"

Maggie stares out the window of her room at Windcliff. She seems catatonic as she starts to say "Maggie....Maggie Evans. I must remember that I'm Maggie Evans.... Maggie Evans...." Suddenly she hears "Hello" from behind her, and turns to see Sarah is standing in her room. Maggie looks at Sarah confused - she does not recognize her. Sarah says "I've found you! I was looking all over for you. Then I remembered how you can be here sometimes." Maggie gets a little scared and says "Hello....do I know you?" Sarah laughs a little and says "Of course you do, don't you remember?" Maggie gets sad and says "No...I'm sorry....I can't remember anything....." Sarah says "Why did you forget me? I'm your friend!" Maggie says "I'm sorry....I couldn't help it! Please.... I'll be your friend." Sarah turns away and says "How do I know you won't forget again?" Maggie says "I don't know. Why can't I remember?" Sarah walks to her and says "Maybe I can help you remember. Do you remember when I gave you my doll?" Maggie smiles and says "No...but thank you. I wish I could remember that. What did your doll look like?" Sarah shrugs and says "Like a little girl, I guess. Do you remember anything we did together?" Maggie shakes her head no. Sarah thinks a moment and says "Do you remember when I helped you go home from here last time?" Maggie gets curious and says "I've been here before?" Sarah says "Yes. A long time ago. And I helped you find your way home." Maggie starts thinking for a moment, and starts to remember "We walked back to Collinsport....we walked and...we sang! I remember!" Sarah gets excited and says "Yes! We did" and starts singing "London Bridge," but when she gets to "Take the key and lock her up, lock her up, lock her up..." Maggie gets terrified of the lyrics, but can't stop repeating them. She starts to yell the line and from outside her door, Julia can hear her in near hysterics. Julia unlocks the door and finds Maggie on her bed hysterically crying. Julia rushes to her to calm her down, but all Maggie says is "Sarah! Sarah! Where did you go? You're my friend! Sarah!" Julia holds Maggie but looks around, wondering if Sarah has been there.

Maggie has calmed down and is drinking a cup of water as Julia watches her. Julia asks her if she wants any more, and Maggie says no. "I had a friend," Maggie says. Julia takes the cup and says "Yes, I know. You've mentioned her before. A little girl named Sarah." Maggie asks "Where did she go? And she was dressed so strangely...I thought I knew why for a moment, just a moment, but now I can't remember." Julia sits next to her and asks "What do you remember?" Maggie says "She was here. She was talking to me. She said she wanted to help me." Julia nods, and says "Did she say how she wanted to help you?" Maggie shakes her head no, and says "She said she wanted to take me home, and then she started singing and...." Maggie gets scared again as she remembers the song, but Julia calms her and tells her it's all right. "Why am I so frightened?" Maggie asks desperately. "What am I so frightened of?" Julia tells her "I don't know." We fade back to Nicholas, coming down the stairs of his house and entering his living room. When he comes in, he immediately notices that Judah's head and Willie are both gone. Shocked, he starts to frantically look around the room, until he hears maniacal laughing and screaming from behind the cellar door. Nicholas carefully opens it, and Willie suddenly lunges at Nicholas. Nicholas steps out of the way as Willie rants "It's talkin' to me....it's talkin' to me all the time!" and starts laughing uncontrollably. Nicholas yells at Willie to shut up and demands to know where Judah's head is. Willie keeps laughing, and walks towards Nicholas with wild eyes, saying "It's everywhere, dontcha know? It's everywhere....talkin' to me....tellin' me things inside my head...." Nicholas backs away, but Willie keeps getting closer and closer.

Willie lunges at Nicholas' throat, but Nicholas breaks free and runs behind the cellar door. He nearly trips over the glass box containing the head, which is sitting in front of him. Judah's eyes are closed. Nicholas puts the cloth over the box and starts to close the cellar door behind him with his free hand, but Willie pushes it open, nearly knocking Nicholas down. "You can't touch it!" Willie screams. "You can't touch it while it talks to me! You're not supposed to touch it!" Willie rushes at Nicholas again, but this time Nicholas steps aside and pushes Willie further down the cellar before running back into the living room and slamming the cellar door behind him. Nicholas puts the covered head on the table as we hear Willie pounding on the cellar door and yelling. Nicholas walks to the desk and takes a gun out of a drawer, just in time as Willie breaks the cellar door down. Nicholas points the gun at him and says "Loomis, listen to me....you've got to listen to me. Judah is not intended for you, you've got to will yourself away...." Willie gets confused and still rants "He's talkin' to me and I can't make him stop! Make him stop then! I can't make him stop!" Willie starts crying and laughing at the same time as Nicholas looks at him, disgusted, and says "You idiot. I should have known your feeble mind would be destroyed in the presence of Judah Zachary's power." Willie collapses to the floor, and Nicholas lowers his gun as he walks over to see what happened. As he leans over Willie, Willie suddenly springs to life and punches Nicholas in the jaw knocking him to the side! The gun falls out of Nicholas' hand, and Willie makes a try for it, but Nicholas gets there first. Willie pushes Nicholas aside, and still laughing uncontrollably, runs out of the living room and out the front door. Nicholas gets up slowly and checks that the gun is fully loaded. We hear him think "Loomis has gone completely insane....there's only one way to stop him now....and I must do it....before he can tell anyone..." Nicholas takes the gun and leaves his house.