Friday, March 12, 2010

Episode 1505

Aired: Friday March 30, 1972

Kathryn Leigh Scott's voiceover: "It is a dark night at the great estate of Collinwood, where that darkness covers plots and treachery against those who live at the great house. A last chance has been given by the master of all darkness to Brian Miller, who plans to save himself by sacrificing others. But as his plot unfolds, little does he realize how wide and how far his plotting will affect the Collins family, and its ultimate destiny...."

Angelique and Julia race through the woods after Barnabas, knowing they must find Brian to stop him. Suddenly, Angelique stops and holds her head as if in pain. Julia asks her if she's all right, and Angelique says "Yes...I think so...I... I....." Suddenly, her eyes open wide and she says "Julia! I'm having a vision! I see Barnabas!" Julia asks where he is, and Angelique says "Oh my God, Julia! No! No!" Angelique screams as Julia shouts "Angelique! Angelique! What is it?"

After the titles, Angelique is nearly out of breath and says "I know where Brian is taking Barnabas, and I know what he's planning!' Julia asks her how she knows and what did she see, and Angelique answers "I saw Barnabas.... and Maggie Evans!" Julia asks what Maggie was doing, and Angelique answers grimly "Holding Barnabas' hands as they both plunged off the cliff at Widow's Hill! That must be what Brian intends for them.... the shadows in my vision tell me that these events have not happened yet!" Julia says "We must get to Widow's Hill then! Why would Brian kill both of them? What would he have to gain?" Angelique answers "He must have concocted a new bargain with my master. After attempting to cheat him of his own soul by stealing Quentin's immortality, he had to promise him others in exchange, no doubt. And with Josette's soul awakened inside of Maggie, getting her and Barnabas together would give Diablos what he always craves..." Julia realizes the answer and says "Love...he would destroy souls in love and take them as his own!" Angelique says (with some jealousy) "Exactly! He came to me as well, threatening Barnabas unless I provided him..." Angelique stops talking, and Julia shakes her head. "No.... you didn't! You didn't promise Diablos Maggie in order to save Barnabas!" Angelique snaps "Julia, I had to make a bargain or else Barnabas would be destroyed! I can't let that happen! I can't ever let that happen! Even when he suffered under my curse, I watched over him....knowing someday, with enough time...he'd understand my true feelings." Julia tells Angelique that she "can't destroy Maggie! Barnabas feels such responsibility for her because of what he did when he was first freed from his coffin...he'd never forgive you if he knew it was you who caused her destruction!" Angelique says "We're wasting time. We must go to Widow's Hill!" Meanwhile, at Widow's Hill, Maggie walks to Barnabas and helplessly, he takes her hands as Brian watches, still wounded.

Barnabas takes Maggie's hands and they stand together near the edge of the cliff. Maggie looks around and shudders. "Why...why am I here?" Barnabas frets "It's my fault. Everything is my fault. I cannot help myself! I am under his control!" Maggie looks over towards Brian as the wind howls and whips through her hair and robe. Barnabas looks at her tearfully. "How like Josette you are....here...here at the saddest spot I have ever known...." Maggie thinks a moment and says "Josette...." Barnabas continues "I've tried so many times to make up for the pain I've caused you...and it's all led to here... to our deaths, deaths I can do nothing to prevent!" Maggie looks at Barnabas and says "Josette! You wanted me to be Josette... you gave me her music box, locked me up...locked me up in that room! You tried to kill me!" Maggie tries to pull away but cannot. Barnabas shouts "Yes...yes, I did all those things! I am willing to die for it all now if it meant saving you! I cannot live with the guilt any longer... knowing everything I did when I was under the control of that horrendous power that poisoned my very soul... the only shred of humanity I had left was my love for Josette....Josette who had run from me and chosen to die by jumping from this very cliff so long ago.... I could not face eternity alone." Maggie looks over Barnabas as he begins to weep, and she starts to feel sympathy. "But then you were no longer as you were. Somehow, you began to walk during the day.... and you helped me.... saved me from Roxanne... you risked your own life for me again and again...." Barnabas answers "I had to. I had no other choice." Maggie says "Because you still thought of me as Josette?' Barnabas answers "No. Because you are Maggie Evans." Brian steps into the picture and says "Confession is so good for the soul, is it not?" Barnabas looks at him angrily and shouts "I will find a way back from the grave and destroy you, Miller!" Brian laughs through his pain and says "This is the one place on Earth that I'd take such a threat seriously." Barnabas replies "You want to kill me to save yourself. I know that. But spare this girl, I beg of you! Spare this girl and let her be!" Brian fakes a pout and says "Oh, so gallant to the end, aren't we? It so happens I need this girl... I need her for a very special purpose before I finish with my plans." He takes the herbs from his pocket and tells Maggie. "You must eat these herbs if you wish to leave her tonight, Miss Evans." Maggie scowls "Why should I trust you?" Brian snickers and says "Because you have no other choice." Barnabas nods at her, and Brian feeds her the herbs.

Angelique and Julia continue to race through the woods when suddenly Angelique stops. Julia asks her "What is it now? Are you seeing anything else?" Angelique says "No...but I sense something... something is happening. We must hurry!" They run off as we cut back to cliffside. Maggie finishes eating the herbs and starts to blink a bit. She goes into a trance. Barnabas says angrily "What have you done to her?" Brian answers "Nothing harmful, Barnabas...actually, it's something quite extraordinary. If only I was going to let her live to fully experience the wonders I have just given her." Barnabas shouts "You monster! If only I could get my hands free...." Brian snickers. "Yes, caught in the grip of such a lovely creature....how ironic that all your strength cannot free you with my powers at work." Brian grimaces and holds his bloody side as he sits on a rock. Barnabas says "You're weakening, Miller. You're losing too much blood. If your evil master hadn't arrived to save you, you'd have died by now." Brian says "Ah, but my master wanted me alive because he knew I wouldn't disappoint him with you both. I need to regain more of my strength before I can restore Josette's spirit to Miss Evans." Barnabas, confused, says "Then what were those herbs for, if not to transform Maggie into Josette?" Brian says "A very special mixture, Barnabas. One that can only work under certain conditions..." Maggie suddenly snaps out of her trance and gets her bearings. "What happened?" she asks. Barnabas tells her about the herbs, and Maggie says "Yes...I remember. I also remember everything you said." Barnabas nods and says "I'm sorry. I wish you didn't have to remember that in your last moments." Maggie smiles at Barnabas, who is surprised. "Just like now...like the both of us... you were under a power beyond your control. You've gone beyond any sort of atonement..." Maggie takes a deep breath and says "I forgive you." Barnabas smiles in disbelief and says "That means...so much to me. You have no idea." Brian smiles and says "Excellent, Miss Evans. Excellent." Barnabas and Maggie wonder why he's so happy.

Brian says "Maggie's forgiving spirit was the catalyst my formula needed... it has now transformed her into someone quite special." Barnabas says "What are you talking about? She's still the same Maggie!" Brian answers "Quite true in some ways, but not in a very important one. Those herbs, when properly initialized by the proper emotional state, can bring about healing powers most astounding... and when Maggie forgave you for all of your past crimes against her, Maggie indeed transformed herself. A combination of a simple touch and her will alone are now enough to heal. And I don't need to remind you who controls her will, do I?" Barnabas realizes. "Your wounds... you need to heal your wounds before you can evoke Josette and complete your unholy bargain!" Brian answers "Exactly. And now, Miss Evans can perform that simple service, once I command her to." Maggie says "I won't! I won't help you!" Brian struggles to take a step closer and says "You have no choice, Miss Evans!" Maggie suddenly frees one of her hands, and Brian moves closer to her as she can't help but move it towards him. He's about to get close enough when Angelique shouts "Brian Miller! Get away from her!" Brian turns to see Angelique and Julia standing only a few feet away from him in the howling wind. Angelique scowls a hateful scowl as she walks towards him. "And get away from my husband....." Brian tries to move closer to Maggie's outstretched hand as Barnabas gasps....