Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Episode 1277

Aired: Tuesday May 18, 1971

At the Blue Whale, Sebastian is drinking at the bar and looking sullen. Quentin enters and spins him around on his barstool. Sebastian says "You again....what do you want now?" Quentin says "I want your help, Shaw. I want to know everything you know about Roxanne Drew and I want to know now." Sebastian looks uncomfortable.

After the titles, Sebastian tells Quentin he doesn't know anything about Roxanne. Quentin demands that he tell him "anything." Sebastian says he only knows he never wants to see her again, that he's "trying to get out of Collinwood. To get away from her. But I always hear her voice in my mind, calling me, calling me. I can't take it!" He gulps more alcohol down as Quentin looks on. "Her power over me is weakening since she hasn't fed from me in a while, Mr. Collins. Do you know what I mean? Do you want to know how she feeds from me and puts me under her power with each bite?" Quentin grabs him and tells him to get hold of himself. "If you've been away from her this long, Shaw, you should have your free will back. You should be able to leave town whenever you please." Sebastian laughs and says "Yeah, run away. I should run away after leaving Carolyn Stoddard to her fate. I can't do that! I have to find a way of undoing what I've done, but I'm afraid Roxanne will take hold of me again!"

Barnabas and Stokes enter the Blue Whale and see Quentin and Shaw. Quentin drags Shaw over to a table and Stokes begins to question him about Roxanne. All Shaw knows is that she has only referred to Anderson as a "partner" but in what he has no idea. Barnabas asks Shaw where he met Roxanne and how he came under her control. Shaw says that he was called a few years back to work up the horoscopes for "some silly rich ladies" who lived amongst Park Avenue society in New York city. He was given the address of Roxanne by one of them, and when he visited her that night, she bit him and made him her servant. They traveled around the country before "one of the horoscopes I read for her stated that she needed to go to the point of return. It was then that she insisted on coming here, to Collinsport." "So," Barnabas says, "she is from this town. Somehow that seems to make sense."

Stokes tells Barnabas "If Roxanne is from Collinsport, and we know that she cannot be the Roxanne Drew who lived in 1840, it logically follows that she may be part of the same family." Stokes smiles, takes a drink, and says "It seems I have another family history to research now." Barnabas thinks a moment and says "It's so strange how much she resembles her counterpart in parallel time." Stokes nods and says "Yes, the intricacies of parallel time are truly remarkable. I'm happy I only share my outward appearance with my counterpart in that universe from what you told me." Barnabas smiles, but gets a little nervous as Stokes continues. "Strange how you had no counterpart in that world, Barnabas. Even when the Roxanne Drew we are dealing with has no natural reason to still be amongst the living, she had a counterpart in the parallel timeband. But you never came across your own...." Barnabas interrupts "Perhaps my counterpart in that time never left England to return to Collinsport, Professor." Stokes nods and says "Perhaps. I suppose we can never know for sure." Quentin enters from the outside and says that Sebastian is planning on leaving town. "I also made a purchase that you should both find interesting," says Quentin, as he removes a gun and places it on the table along with some shiny silver bullets.