Thursday, April 30, 2009

Episode 1279

Aired: Thursday May 20, 1971

After a replay of Wednesday's close and the titles, Quentin and Barnabas discuss what has happened to David. "They must have taken him," Barnabas insists. "And probably to Roxanne." Quentin isn't so sure, since he knows that Anderson/Petofi has targeted him much more than the rest of the family. Stokes asks Quentin why a man such as Count Petofi would be an enemy, and Quentin tells Stokes he doesn't know as Barnabas remains silent. Barnabas says that if they indeed have David, he must be up at Collinwood. Stokes is more skeptical, saying that they may have taken him anywhere, since "we've never found their daytime hiding place. We must also consider the possibility that David simply got scared and ran off." Quentin doubts that, since David knew enough to make the old house a haven from Anderson/Petofi's power, so it doesn't make sense that he would run away. There is knock at the door, and the three men look at each other.

Barnabas opens the door, and it is Roger. "Hello, Barnabas," he says. "I suppose you won't be gracious enough to move all this junk out of the way and invite me in." Barnabas says he cannot, and that he is sorry, "but let's get to the point." "Yes, I agree," says Roger. "Where is Quentin?" Quentin comes into view and snaps "Where is he? What have you done with David?" Roger looks offended and sneers "He is my son, Quentin, not yours. I will do with him as I see fit. Frankly, I find your attitude very rude." Quentin answers "Even under Petofi's power, you haven't lost any of your charm, Roger." Roger hmphs, and says "Anderson wants to see you. Tonight. At Collinwood. Come alone if you want to see David. No harm will come to him. That's all." Roger walks away into the darkness as Quentin watches.

Quentin is loading the gun with the silver bullets while Barnabas begs him to be careful. "I don't think they've hurt David," says Barnabas. "I know, " Quentin answers. "It's me Petofi wants. David is just the lure." Stokes interrupts "It maybe Roxanne who wants David, however. I suggest you be very very careful. You will be surrounded by danger on all sides, Quentin." Quentin holds the gun and says "I'm pretty handy with this, Professor. I'll be back with David." Stokes reminds Quentin that he will have to shoot Anderson directly in the heart to destroy him. Barnabas again reminds him not to hurt anyone else in the family, especially since "they cannot control their own actions. Without the evil grip of Petofi, Roger would never allow his son to be in such a dangerous position." Quentin tells Barnabas he knows, and that "I've always liked Roger, even when he was a bit snobby. I know what I have to do." Quentin puts the gun behind his back in his belt, and puts a jacket on to cover it before leaving the old house.

At Collinwood, Roger is having a drink in the drawing room as Quentin storms in. "Well, that didn't take long," Roger sneers. "Where is he?" Quentin says angrily. "Have a seat. I'll bring them to you," says Roger. Quentin sits down and reaches behind his back towards the gun as we hear the sound of several footsteps approaching.