Thursday, May 14, 2009

Episode 1289

Aired: Thursday June 3, 1971

After a replay of Wednesday's close and the titles, Barnabas tries to avoid the bat in the mausoleum room, but Storm is not afraid. "What more can it do to me?" he says as he moves towards it. Storm passes his hand through the flapping bat and then it vanishes, the bright red shining eyes last. Storm looks at Barnabas and says "It didn't seem as if the bat was here to attack you. It seemed more like it was only watching you." Barnabas gasps and says "Watching me? Watching all of us. Petofi sent that bat after me as a ruse. He must have seen everything we've done." Julia says "If that's true, we must get out of here. We must move quickly!" The three of them exit the secret room and move into the main part of the mausoleum, but when they go through the gate to the outside, Roxanne is waiting for them with a fanged smile.

"You!" Storm says. "Why are you doing this? How can you work with Petofi after he betrayed you so many years ago?" Roxanne looks a bit sad as she answers "You are the image of my beloved, but my beloved is long dead." Storm snaps "That doesn't answer my question." Roxanne shrugs and answers "I made a bargain. A bargain with the devil, I suppose. I didn't ask for this existence. I've loathed every minute of it, loathed myself as well." Barnabas is sensitive to this, and tells her "I understand, Roxanne, I understand more than you will ever know. Please, don't make good on whatever bargain you have made with Petofi." Roxanne angrily tells him "What could you possibly know of what I have been through? No, Barnabas, I will not back out of my bargain with Petofi, not now, not when a new mortal body is waiting for me, waiting for me to start a new life in it!" Storm realizes what she means and says "Daphne! No! I won't let that happen!" Roxanne laughs and says that "It's already too late." Storm starts to move towards her, but before he can, we hear Sebastian's voice say "Yes, Roxanne, it's already too late!" Sebastian steps out from the shadows of the graveyard and holds a gun on Roxanne.

"You are still under my power, Sebastian," Roxanne says. "Put away that gun. I command you." Sebastian, shaking but still determined, looks at her and says "No. Not this time. I must have my life back! And you will not take another!" Roxanne starts to move towards him with menacing eyes, and his grip on the gun begins to weaken. As she moves closer, he suddenly gains some strength and yells "Get back!" as he fires the gun at Roxanne. She screams and holds her body as Julia says "A silver bullet... through her heart!" Roxanne turns towards Barnabas, who gives her a pained look as she falls to the ground and dies with a moan. Sebastian stands over her with the gun, and when cut back to her, she is now a skeleton. Julia gasps, but then the skeleton vanishes. Sebastian takes a breath and points the gun at Storm. "And now, you." he says.

Storm swears to Sebastian he is really Quentin, and Barnabas and Julia tell Sebastian not to hurt him. Sebastian, confused, says "Then let him prove he is really Quentin Collins" when suddenly from behind him we hear Selby say "I can do much better than that, Mr. Shaw." Sebastian turns to see Selby standing behind him, but before he can react, Selby puts his hand on Sebastian's shoulder, and Sebastian becomes unconscious and falls to the ground. Selby takes the gun from his hand as he falls down and points it at Storm. "Well, isn't this an interesting development?" he says with an evil smile.