Monday, July 27, 2009

Episode 1341

Aired: Monday August 16, 1971

Alexandra Moltke's voiceover: "My name is Victoria Winters. There are many who would not believe my story, but I have once again found myself at Collinwood after a journey into the past...a journey I only have scraps of memories from. Vague recollections of a man I believe I once loved, and of a life I cannot fully comprehend. My strongest memories are of Collinwood and of the Collins family I once knew, of Roger, Elizabeth, Carolyn, David....and Barnabas. But now I find myself with a mysterious man who calls himself Harrison Collins....."

In the woods, Harrison is shaking Vicky awake to revive her. She suddenly comes alive, looking around frantically and saying "No! I must run! They'll capture me otherwise!" Harrison answers "Calm down, please. No one is trying to capture you." She asks him who he is, and he introduces himself as Harrison Collins. "Harrison Collins? I don't know a Harrison Collins....but your clothes..." she says as she starts to handle his cuff "...your clothes are twentieth century. Where am I?" Harrison Answers "You're on the grounds of Collinwood, Miss....?" She answers "Victoria Winters. This may sound like a strange question, but what year is this?" Harrison smiles and says "1971, Miss Winters. You may want to dress more twentieth century yourself." Vicky replies "I don't remember how I got here...I was running, I thought I fell.....and then I was here." Harrison smiles at this prospect, but then looks more concerned when Vicky adds "But somehow, I seem to remember you!"

After the titles, Harrison is helping Vicky back into Collinwood. He starts to take her into the drawing room where Carolyn is sitting. She is shocked to see Vicky and asks Harrison where he found her. "I was walking in the woods when I came upon her, unconscious. I revived her and she said her name was Victoria Winters." Carolyn remarks how amazing it is that Vicky has returned "right after we were discussing what had happened to her." Harrison remarks on what a coincidence that certainly is. Vicky recognizes Carolyn and the two hug each other. Carolyn asks Vicky how much she remembers, and Vicky answers that she cannot remember anything too clearly other than living at Collinwood and taking care of David. Carolyn assures her that little by little her memory will return. "But Harrison told me this is 1971," Vicky adds. "I've been gone for almost three years. Yes, three years..." Carolyn tells her that yes, that's true, but "it shouldn't be that big of an adjustment for you. After all, you're home now." Vicky smiles, as does Harrison.

Vicky is now dressed in 20th century clothes in the drawing room. Carolyn thanks Harrison for finding Vicky's trunk in the basement "so that she can look more normal." Carolyn remarks that "perhaps wearing your real clothes will help you gain your memory back." Vicky remarks that she's not sure why she had found herself in the past, but she thinks it had something to do with a man she loved. Carolyn says yes, and tries to coax the answer out of her, but finally gets frustrated and tells her about Peter Bradford. Vicky says she remembers the name Peter, but little else except a feeling that she was in great danger in the past. Carolyn replies how she used to think it was "actually romantic, in a way, how your love had transported you back in time." Harrison muses that "perhaps it was love that brought you back as well." After a strange look from Carolyn, Harrison finishes "The love of the family, of course. I was recently told how much they missed you." Carolyn smiles and remarks how much everyone has missed her, and how happy everyone will be to see her again. "There are also some new people at Collinwood you'll want to meet," Carolyn adds. "Cousin Harrison has arrived recently from New York." Harrison answers "I'm very happy to meet you, Miss Winters. I can't wait to see how happy the Collinses will be to see you again" with a sly smile.

Quentin and Daphne come downstairs, and Quentin first sees Vicky and says "Oh, hello...I didn't mean to intrude on you and your friend, Carolyn..." before Carolyn tells him who Vicky is. Quentin is surprised to see her "considering what I've heard about you." Vicky says she can't really believe it herself, and Quentin is introduced as another long lost cousin. Daphne says hello and tells Vicky "I am the governess here now, well...I guess I was the governess with David off a boarding school for the next few weeks." Vicky says hello, but seems to have mixed feelings on someone else having her job, and at the prospect of David growing up. Quentin asks Vicky how she "got back here" and Vicky says she isn't sure, "I remember waking up in the woods, and Harrison finding me." "Really?" Quentin says, looking Harrison over. Harrison remarks how he was walking in the woods when he saw Vicky lying unconscious. Quentin says "That's quite a remarkable coincidence, considering you only learned of Vicky's existence a short time ago." Harrison smiles and glibly answers "I'm sure stranger things have happened at Collinwood." Carolyn answers "They certainly have!" Quentin looks at Harrison suspiciously.

Vicky is taking the clothes from her trunk and hanging them in a closet in her room when Quentin enters. He asks her if she wants any help or if there are "any other old trunks of yours in the basement." She says no and thanks. She asks Quentin when he arrived at Collinwood, and he answers "Oh, a little more than a year ago. I had been traveling for some years before that when I remembered I had distant family here." Vicky answers that it's funny how people always seem to think they're only visiting Collinwood and then wind up staying. "Well, the place certainly seems to keep drawing you back," Quentin says. He walks around a bit before asking "Do you remember anything about what happened before Harrison found you?" Vicky thinks a moment, and answers that she only remembers "being in terrible danger. I remember running in the woods, away from someone. It was someone who wanted to hurt me, but I don't know why." Quentin tells her to go on, and she strains at more memories. "I remember getting to a cliff...." she says. Quentin asks "Were they the woods around Collinwood?" Vicky answers "Yes! Yes! I remember more now! It was the cliff at Widow's Hill.... I had nowhere to go...and they were still after me." Quentin asks "Who were they?" Vicky shakes her head, and says "I don't know! I only remember falling...." Quentin says "You fell? From the cliff?" Vicky says "Yes. And then, the next thing I knew, I was waking up in the woods....but for some reason....oh, it's nothing." Quentin prods "No, tell me. I'm curious." Vicky laughs a little and says "For some reason, I think I felt Harrison catch me before I woke up! But that doesn't make any sense. It must be some sort of trick my memory is playing." Quentin thinks this over and says "Yes...that's what it must be." Carolyn enters the room and says "Vicky! I saw the car! Mother and Alan are pulling into the driveway! Come downstairs, quickly!" Vicky asks who Alan is, and Carolyn says with a smile "You'll see! Mother's happier than ever!" The two women leave while Quentin looks over the room and still thinks about how Vicky may have gotten there.