Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Episode 1343

Aired: Wednesday August 18, 1971

We see a replay of Tuesday's close, only this time when Angelique snaps the branch, she suddenly sees Nicholas standing before her. "What are you doing here?" she says angrily. He smiles at her and quips "Now, now, my dear. Let's just say I heard you call."

After the titles, Barnabas and Vicky arrive at Collinwood, and Barnabas says hello to Liz and Alan. He asks them where Julia is, and Liz tells him that Julia had gone to visit Professor Stokes and should be back soon. She invites Barnabas and Vicky in, and asks Barnabas why he didn't bring Angelique. "She went out a while ago, I think she may have gone into town," he says. Liz tells Vicky how nice Angelique is and how she should meet her. Vicky says there's still something familiar about that name. Barnabas tells Liz that he was hoping Julia could help Vicky recover parts of her memory "so that we might have some answers as to how she returned to us." Alan asks how much experience Julia has had with restoring memory, and Liz tells Alan "Dr. Hoffman is an excellent doctor and psychologist. I'm sure she's had plenty of experience." Barnabas agrees, telling Alan that "Julia is one of the people I trust the most with concerns such as these." Liz pours some drinks for everyone while they wait for Julia. Alan says "I'd like to talk to Julia about her methods in this area. There's a lot of things I'd like to know about Vicky as well." Barnabas wonders what this means.

Nicholas is walking circles around Angelique in the woods. He asks her how Victoria Winters has returned "to this time, when she was destined to be destroyed in the past." Angelique says she has no idea, she only just saw Vicky and Barnabas walking in the woods. "Ah...walking together...I see your husband hasn't wasted any time in rekindling his relationship with Miss Winters," Nicholas says. Angelique snaps "He is rekindling nothing! You know little of Barnabas, Nicholas. You don't know him as well as I do." "Don't I?" Nicholas says with a chuckle. "This wouldn't be the first time he's forgotten you in the arms of another woman....another innocent, raven haired beauty.....another Josette.." "Stop it!" Angelique yells. Nicholas laughs. "Now, now, my dear, I was only joking," he says. Angelique scowls at him and demands that he get out of her way, but he grabs her by the shoulders. "What would you do right now if you still had your powers?" he asks her bluntly. She pulls away from him and says "We shall not discuss that." Nicholas looks at her and says "Oh no? Isn't that what you really want to discuss? You could have your powers back so easily, my dear. And then I'm sure you'd find ways to get your Barnabas back." Angelique forms a smile and says "What makes you think I've lost him? Get out of my way." She brushes Nicholas aside and begins to head towards Collinwood. Nicholas sneers at her.

Barnabas and company are finishing their drinks when Angelique enters. Vicky sees her and seems to recognize her, but Angelique immediately says "Barnabas! Willie told me an old friend of yours has returned... this must be her." Angelique walks right over to Vicky and says "I'm Angelique Collins, Barnabas' new wife. You must be Miss Winters. I'm so pleased to make your acquaintance." Vicky nervously says hello and that she is also pleased to meet Angelique, but keeps looking at Angelique as if she recognizes her a little. "Is anything wrong?" Angelique says. "Oh, nothing...." Vicky says. "You just seem to remind me of someone...." Liz chimes in with "Yes, Vicky. I thought the same thing when I first met Angelique over a year ago." "Over a year ago?" Vicky asks. "Yes," says Liz. "There was something about Angelique that reminded me of Cassandra, but somehow after getting to know her, I just can't see it anymore." Angelique laughs a little and says "Thank you, Elizabeth. From what Barnabas has told me about Cassandra, I'd hate to be associated with her." Angelique turns to Barnabas and takes his arm tightly and says "Barnabas! Why didn't you leave me a note that you had come up to Collinwood with your friend?" Barnabas loosens her grip and apologizes for letting it slip his mind. Alan invites Angelique to stay and wait for Julia along with everyone else, but Barnabas says "Will you excuse us both for a moment, please?" and leads Angelique out of the drawing room, closing the doors behind him. He gives her a little glare, and then says "You certainly handled yourself well seeing Vicky again." She snaps "And it seems you've handled Vicky's return quite well yourself, Barnabas." Angelique turns away from him, and he says in exasperation "Can you put aside your jealousy for one moment? I had to lead her back here. I had to bring her to Julia before her memory of the past made sense to her. Otherwise, our secret could be exposed!" Angelique thinks a moment, but then says "Is that the only reason you didn't wait for me and walked her here?" He says yes, and turns her around to face him. "You are all I want, " he says to her. "I don't know what more I can do to convince you of that. Julia can help us by hypnotizing her and suppressing any dangerous memories. That is why I brought her here." Angelique looks at Barnabas sadly and asks "Can I trust you, Barnabas? Can I trust you not to leave me again?" He hugs her and says "Yes. Forever." We pan up from the foyer to see Harrison standing atop the stairs glaring down at Barnabas and Angelique.

Harrison comes downstairs clearing his throat, which ends the hug. "I heard Elizabeth and Alan were back," he says. "Are they in the drawing room?" Barnabas says yes, but adds "I understand you were the one who found Victoria Winters in the woods." Harrison says yes, and that she was in "a very bad state, wearing strange old clothes. I hope she'll be all right." Barnabas says that she'll be "fine now" adding "it was certainly fortunate that you found her in the woods as you did." Harrison simply says "Yes, I suppose it was. But then again, I suppose she could have been anyone who was lost for all I knew." He excuses himself and opens the doors to the drawing room. He says hello to Liz and Alan and asks Vicky if she is all right. Vicky says she is fine as Barnabas and Angelique enter the drawing room as well. "It must feel wonderful to be back here with everyone who knows you," Harrison says to Vicky. She says "It feels like home again. I'm happy to be back. I only wish I could remember more." Alan tells her that it should come back to her "in time." There's a knock at the door, and Barnabas goes to answer it. It's Willie, who tells Barnabas to come outside quickly. Barnabas takes a quick look back at the crowd in the drawing room, and then steps outside with Willie. "What is so important Willie?" he asks. Willie tells him "I gotta tell ya about Harrison! He's got some weird power, Barnabas! He has this ring, see...and he talks to it!" Barnabas angrily says "Willie! You're not making any sense again! Get to the point!" Willie answers "Okay, okay. He opened up some kind of hole... I followed him to the basement. He talked to his ring, and then in the middle of the room, there was your house, Barnabas! Only it looked brand new! Right there in the middle of the room, like a picture just floatin' there....what could that mean, Barnabas? What could it mean?" Barnabas thinks about the meaning of this when the front door opens, and it's Harrison. "Excuse me," he says. "We were wondering what was going on out here." Willie looks at Harrison terrified while Barnabas tries to think of an answer.