Thursday, July 30, 2009

Episode 1344

Aired: Thursday August 19, 1971

After a replay of Wednesday's close and the titles, Barnabas tells Harrison that he and Willie were merely arguing over how best to restore a room in the old house. "We won't be a moment," Barnabas adds, and Harrison goes back inside. Barnabas tells Willie to wait for him and Julia at the old house, adding "Don't tell anyone else what you saw." Willie asks Barnabas what is may mean again, and Barnabas says "I don't know. I only know that my suspicions about Harrison have been confirmed. He is clearly not the man he claims he is." We cut to Julia entering the old house and calling for Barnabas. When she finds no one home, she leaves and begins walking in the woods up to Collinwood. Suddenly, Sarah is standing before her. Julia gasps "Sarah!" Sarah looks her over and says "Hello. Were you looking for me?" Julia says "No, but I'm glad I found you." Sarah says "Why?" Julia says "Well, because I haven't seen you in so long. Neither has Barnabas...." but when Sarah hears "Barnabas" she starts to move away. Julia begs her to stop, and tells her "Barnabas wants to see you." Sarah sighs and says "There's someone who wants to hurt Barnabas. I don't know what to do." Julia is surprised to hear this.

Barnabas tells Angelique he doesn't know what could be keeping Julia. Angelique wonders if it matters at all now, since Vicky and everyone else has "retired for the night." Barnabas reminds her that they need to tell Julia about Vicky's memory. Julia arrives at Collinwood, and Barnabas asks her if they might go upstairs and see if Vicky is still awake. Julia tells him to wait a moment, and leads him and Angelique back into the drawing room. Angelique asks "What is it?" and Julia tells them she saw Sarah. "I think she meant to appear to me to warn me," Julia adds. Barnabas asks "Warn you? About what?" Julia says "She was warning me about you, Barnabas. She told me there's someone who wants to hurt you," while looking at Angelique. Barnabas says "Did she say who or why?" Julia says "No. And I only turned away from her for a second before she was gone. She didn't mention anyone, but she seemed convinced that you are in danger." Angelique says "And you suspect she means me? Isn't that it Julia? Barnabas snaps "Angelique!" and Julia says "I never said anything of the sort." Angelique says "But you were thinking it, admit it. At least be that honest with me." Julia sighs and says nothing. Barnabas says "Angelique is not a danger to me at all. Sarah must understand that or else she would have acted differently when she appeared to Angelique at the old house." Julia thinks that over and says "Who could it be, Barnabas? Who could be a danger to you? Barnabas answers "I have a good idea who it may be." Angelique says "You're thinking of Harrison, aren't you Barnabas?" Barnabas answers "Exactly. Willie told me something about him this evening that you both must hear. In fact, Julia, you need to hear this most of all." Julia says to Barnabas "I don't understand" (a good line when discussing Vicky) and Barnabas tells her "Victoria Winters has come back to this time. To Collinwood." Julia is shocked to hear this.

Julia says "How? How did she find her way back here? Barnabas, that makes no sense!" Barnabas answers "It may when you hear what Willie has to say. But in any case, she is back." Julia says "What does she remember? Does she remember that you once went back to 1795 to save her from the gallows? Barnabas, how much does she know about you?" Barnabas says "I'm not sure. That's why I need you, Julia. That's why we need you." Angelique says "I don't think she knows anything about Barnabas. She still thinks he's an English cousin. But she seems to recognize me, and that could be dangerous." Barnabas agrees, saying that if Vicky recognizes Angelique it could "create memories too difficult to explain." Barnabas looks at Julia and says "You'll need to make sure those memories don't return." Angelique says "Perhaps that's what Sarah meant when she said Barnabas was in danger. Perhaps that's why she appeared to you, Julia." Julia says "It's possible." Barnabas says "Perhaps, but I still prefer to think that Harrison is the logical choice." Angelique says "I admit he is mysterious, but why do you think he is evil?" Barnabas looks outside the room for a moment, and then closes the doors. "Willie told me something fantastic," Barnabas begins. "From what I can figure out, Harrison has a great deal of power, centered in that jeweled ring on his hand." Julia asks "What kind of power?" Barnabas continues "Willie claims he saw him open up some kind of portal with it. He opened up a portal where Willie saw the old house." Julia asks "Do you think he can manipulate time and space at will? Barnabas, that's preposterous!" Barnabas snaps "Is it? Didn't Quentin manage the very same thing back in 1840? What if he inherited that knowledge somehow, from that branch of the family? Who can tell?" Angelique is deep in thought about this as Julia asks "Even if that is true, how do you know he wants to use this power to harm you somehow?" As Barnabas and Julia talk back and forth, Angelique thinks to herself "So that is Harrison's secret. Precisely what Nicholas would want to know. How should I deal with this?" Barnabas says "Do you think Vicky's return was a coincidence?" Angelique starts paying attention again as Barnabas continues "Yes Julia. I think Harrison is responsible for Vicky being back here. I only need to find out why he has plucked her from the past somehow." Angelique thinks about this.

The next morning, Vicky enters the drawing room and finds Julia. Julia hugs her hello, and tells her that she is so happy to hear she is back. "Barnabas told me about your return last night, I'm sorry I got here too late to see you." Vicky says that's all right, she suddenly got very tired and needed to sleep. "I can imagine, after what you've been through," Julia says. Vicky laughs a little and says "That's what's funny, I don't really remember what I've been through. Well, only bits and pieces, I guess." Julia takes out her medallion and starts to twinkle it in Vicky's eye. "What do you remember, Vicky?" she says. Vicky says she's not sure, and Julia tells her to concentrate on the medallion, to watch its colors and lights. After a moment, Vicky is under, and Julia says "Vicky, I want you to tell me everything you remember happening before you arrived back here." Vicky suddenly gets very scared and says "They're coming after me! I must run away! I must run and hide from them!" Julia says "Who?" and Vicky only says "All of them! They kept Peter from me and I've got to run away! But there's nowhere to go....there's only the cliff....the beach below.....oh no I'm falling! I'm falling off the cliff!" Julia considers this a moment and then asks "What happened after you fell off the cliff?" Vicky says "He caught me somehow. He caught me in his arms! How did he do that? Where did he even come from? I was falling!" Julia asks "Who?" and Vicky keeps saying how "he caught me" as the doorknob of the drawing room begins to turn. Julia looks at it and is not thrilled.